Looking for the Best Nonstick Pans ?…
You’ve landed on the right guide!
Due to the huge number of options available today, choosing a “Good” non-stick pan isn’t easy.
Let’s take a look:
Best Nonstick Pans 2018
|Item||Type of Surface||Size||Oven-safe?|
|T-fal E93808 Nonstick Pan|
|Prometal||12½ inches||Up to 400 degrees|
|Gotham Steel 10-Piece Set||Graphite||Varying||Up to 500 degrees|
|GreenLife Soft Nonstick pan||Thermolon Ceramic||7 & 10 inches||Up to 350 degrees|
|Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick Cookware||Proprietary nonstick coating||8 inches||Up to 450 degrees|
|Cuisinart 622-30G||Proprietary nonstick coating||12 inches||Up to 500 degrees|
|Ecolution Evolve Non-Stick Fry Pan||Proprietary nonstick coating||14 inches||Not oven safe|
|Healthy Nonstick Ceramic Coated Frying Pan||Ceramic||8, 10, and 12 inches||Not oven safe|
|GreenLife Soft Nonstick Pan||Thermolon Ceramic||8 inches||Up to 350 degrees|
|Cook N Home 12-Inch Frying Pan||Cadmium and Lead (Nano)||12 inches||Up to 350 degrees|
|Cleverona Essential Nonstick 11 Inch Fry Pan||Proprietary nonstick coating||11 inches||Up to 480 degrees|
T-fal E93808 Professional Total Nonstick Pan
The interior of this pan is designed to be extremely durable, which means that you can use any metal utensil that you’d like on the surface without worrying about scratches appearing on the surface. You will also notice that there is a heat indicator on the surface that is designed to let you know when the pan has been preheated properly so that you can begin cooking. When the pan is ready, the red spots on the surface will disappear.
The handle on this frying pan is designed with a stay-cool handle that is safe to put in the oven. Even at temperatures of 400 degrees, the silicone handle will not be too hot to handle. When it comes to clean up, this pan is also dishwasher safe, which makes cleaning this pan a breeze.
- This frying pan can be used in the oven, so pan transfers are not necessary.
- The heat indicator makes it easy to tell when your pan is preheated properly.
- The center of the pan is slightly raised, so the juices tend to run to the sides.
Gotham Steel 10-Piece Nonstick Frying Pan and Cookware Set
The pans are designed to be able to manage temperatures of up to 500 degrees, which means that they can be used in the microwave as well as the oven. These pots and pans have a Ticerama coating so that they have a nonstick surface that is scratchproof as well. In fact, you can even use metal utensils to cook in these pans if you’d like.
You will get 10 pieces in this set, which include two saucepans that are 1.5-quarts and 2.5-quarts in size as well as two round pans that are 8.5-inch and 10.5-inch pans. There is also a five-quart pot that you can use for soups and stews as well as a steamer tray that you can use with the pot. This set also comes with four tempered glass lids that create a tight seal so that your food cooks more quickly.
- These pots and pans are very simple to clean; in fact, they can be washed in a dishwasher.
- These pans are great because the handles have a stay-cool design that makes it easy to transfer food.
- These pans will need to be seasoned before you cook in them to prevent food from sticking.
GreenLife Soft Grip Ceramic Non-Stick 7″ and 10″ Open Frypan Set
The body of this cookware is made of reinforced aluminum so that it conducts heat well. It can be used in the oven, but it is only designed to be used in temperatures that are up to 350 degrees. The handle on both of these frying pans is designed to be ergonomic so that it is easy to maneuver as you are cooking. The handle is soft to the touch so that your hands do not get fatigued, and they also have a stay-cool design that makes it easy to pick the pan up from the heat when you need.
This pan has a cream interior that looks great and will not scratch easily, but the exterior is designed with a little more color. In fact, this set of frying pans is available in turquoise, burgundy, and black.
- Once the pan heats up, your food will cook evenly every time, making it a great option for recipe consistency.
- The bright exterior coloration of these frying pans is great for adding a splash of color to your kitchen.
- These pans are great for cooking, but for cooking at low heat. Never cook on high or medium-high heat.
Calphalon Contemporary Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Cookware
This pan is designed to be used on both the stovetop as well as in the oven; in fact, it can easily manage heat up to 450 degrees, and if anything happens to the pan while it is in the oven, it is backed by a full lifetime warranty. The pan is crafted out of hard anodized aluminum, so it should be a very durable product as well as a pan that heats up quickly.
When you are ready to clean the frying pan, it can easily be cleaned in the dishwasher or if you prefer to wash it by hand, warm water and soap should be efficient.
- The handle features a double riveted design that ensures that it remains secure for years.
- This pan is the perfect size for small meals or anyone who tends to cook for one.
- When you scramble eggs, they tend to stick around the metal rivets that connect the handle to the pan.
Cuisinart 622-30G Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 12-Inch Skillet
The 12-inch pan is the perfect size for a meal for two or more, and it is designed with a nonstick surface that is reinforced with titanium to keep the surface easy to clean for a long time. The rim of the skillet is tapered so that the food that you are cooking never bubbles over in the oven where it will be more difficult to clean. In addition, this pan also comes with a tightly sealing glass lid that will help your food cook more quickly.
- This skillet’s great for heat conduction; in fact, you will never have an issue with the pan heating unevenly.
- The cleanup for this pan is quite simple; in fact, it often wipes clean with a warm soapy rag.
- This skillet is not designed to be cleaned in the dishwasher, which can be inconvenient for some.
Ecolution Evolve Non-Stick Fry Pan
There are rings on the base of this pan are designed to help heat your food evenly, and the handles have a soft grip that makes it comfortable to use. In addition, the handle is designed to stay cool when it is on the stovetop so that you can easily pick it up and move it any time that you need. When it becomes time to clean up the pan, you can simply place the pan in the dishwasher without worrying about it being damaged at all.
- The pan has a very lightweight design, which makes it easier to maneuver when you are cooking.
- The silicone handle has an ergonomic design that is very comfortable to use, even if you are cooking for an extended period of time.
- This little frying pan is a red inside and out, which makes it look attractive in any kitchen.
- The surface can be scratched easily, so you’ll want to avoid using metal utensils to cook in this pan.
Healthy Nonstick Ceramic Coated Frying Pan
The surface of the pan has a ceramic nonstick coating that is designed to cook on any cooking surface without releasing chemicals or dangerous toxins into your food. The pans are all made out of a thin aluminum material that is designed to make the heat that you are cooking with distribute evenly across the surface. The handles that are on these pans are also designed to deal with the heat well, which is why they have a stay-cool design that will never burn you.
- The aluminum construction makes a great lightweight pan that heats quickly so that your food cooks evenly.
- These pans are very simple to clean; in fact, a warm soapy paper towel can easily get them clean.
- This set has a variety of size options that allow you to have the best pan for all of your cooking needs.
- The handles can loosen over time, so you may need to tighten them occasionally.
- The coating seems to scratch easily, which means that you need to be careful with the utensils that you use.
GreenLife Soft Grip 8″ Ceramic Non-Stick Open Frypan
The exterior of the pan is made from aluminum that has been reinforced so that it evenly distributes the heat that you are cooking with. This heat transfers to the food to ensure that your food cooks throughout without burning or sticking to the pan at all. If you would like to transfer your food to the oven, this eight-inch pan is able to handle the heat that is below 350 degrees.
The handle, which is the same color as the bottom of the pan, also has a stay cool design that is easy to hold while you are cooking. When it comes time to clean up after your meal, this pan can easily go into the dishwasher to get clean.
- The handle has a very ergonomic design that can help eliminate fatigue in your hand as you cook.
- This is a smaller sized pan, which makes it the perfect option for cooking for one.
- The back of the handle is cut out, which makes it easy to store on a hook if needed.
- Though this pan is designed for the oven, it cannot withstand high temperatures, so cooking in it may take longer.
Cook N Home 12-Inch Frying Pan
The pan can be used at any time of range, whether it is gas, electric, or even an induction cooktop. If you’d like to finish cooking your food in the oven, then you can, but the temperature cannot exceed more than 350 degrees with this piece of cookware. In addition, the handles are also designed to stay cool as the rest of the pan heats up, which means that you will never burn yourself.
When you are done cooking with this pan, clean up is really quite simple; in fact, you can even use the dishwasher to get this frying pan clean.
- You can use this pan on almost every type of cooking surface that you throw at it.
- Cleaning this pan is very easy; in fact, often a soapy sponge will do the job.
- This pan is actually a bit on the heavy side when compared to other pans of this size.
- This pan does not absorb heat that well from an induction cooktop, which means that cooking will take longer.
Cleverona Essential Nonstick 11 Inch Fry Pan
The bottom of the pan has an aluminum base that helps to distribute the heat evenly, and the nonstick surface is a two-layer coating that makes it so that you can cook without oil. The handle on this pan is designed to be removed because it cannot handle high heat, so don’t forget to take it off when you use the pan in the oven. If you do leave the handle on the pan, make sure the temperature does not exceed 400 degrees.
This piece o cookware is also very easy to clean. It is dishwasher safe, but if you do clean it in a machine, make sure to remove the handle.
- The handle is easy to remove, so can quickly remove it while you are cooking if needed.
- Cleaning up this pan after you are done cooking is very simple; in fact, it can quickly be wiped clean.
- The handle is a bit heavy, which means that it can become top heavy if you are not careful.
Non-Stick Pan Buyer’s Guide
Why bother with using a non-stick pan?
When you cook with a nonstick pan, you will not need to use oil to cook at all. This means that your food will be much healthier than it would be if you were to cook the same meal in a different type of pan.
What types of non-stick pans are there out on the market?
When you look for a nonstick pan, you will notice that the surface differs from pan to pan. The most common type of nonstick pans that you can choose from having either a ceramic surface or a Teflon surface, though there are other options available as well.
When you have a nonstick piece of cookware, you do not have to use oil to cook. Your food will never stick to the surface of the pan, which means that cleaning up will also be much easier with a nonstick pan.
What kinds of foods can you prepare in a nonstick pan?
You can prepare any food that you would normally cook in a pot or pan in a nonstick pan. The only difference is that you will be cutting back on the amount of oil that you use, which means that fried foods may not work as well as other dishes, but they will still taste delicious.
Can nonstick pans be used on conduction cooktops?
That depends on the type of cookware that you purchase. Many pots and pans are designed to cook on induction cooktops, but there are some models that will not be able to conduct enough heat to cook the food properly. If you have an induction cooktop, make sure that the cookware that you purchase will work with it.
Nonstick pans can be cleaned using a little bit of soap and water. Simply wipe the pan clean after you are finished cooking with a soft sponge. This ensures that small scratches do not form in the pan.
The bottoms of these pans have different material on them to help conduct heat. Aluminum, stainless steel, and copper are all commonly used metals that are great for this purpose.
What are some handle options for a nonstick pan?
Handles are very important when it comes to nonstick pans because if a pan is designed to be in the oven at high heat, the handles may not be able to take such a temperature. This means that you may need to consider a removable handle so that you can still use high temperatures to broil and bake your food.
Yes, most nonstick cookware can be washed in a dishwasher, but there are models that should be washed by hand. Make sure that you know all of the details about a pan that is dishwasher safe because sometimes the temperature will be lower on cookware that has a handle that is made out of softer materials that may melt in higher heat.
What’s the best way to care for a nonstick pan?
The best way to care for a nonstick pan is to clean the food off after you are done cooking instead of leaving it on the surface to get hard. In addition, some pans need to be seasoned, so check to see if that is the case before you decide which nonstick pan you’d like to purchase.
Can some of these pans be used in the oven?
Yes, many nonstick pans can be used in the oven; however, the temperature limit for each pan will differ, so you will need to verify the temperature that the cookware can handle. Many have a range between 400 and 450 degrees, but some pans can only manage 350 degrees.
Nonstick pans do not last as long as other pans because the nonstick coating will start to wear off after they are used for a period of six months to a year. After that, you will most likely want to start looking for a replacement pan.
How can one of these pans prevent hot spots?
Typically, the bottom of the pan will have a bottom that is made of aluminum, copper, or a similar metal. This is because they are great options for inducting heat, and when the heat is evenly distributed, there is a smaller chance that hot spots will form.
Are ergonomic handles important for a nonstick frying pan?
Sometimes it only takes a few minutes to cook a meal, while other times it can take several hours. With that being said, an ergonomic handle is a great way to ensure that you do not get hand fatigue as you are cooking.
How much does a nonstick pan cost?
Finding a nonstick pan that is under $20 is easy to do. Since the surface of your new nonstick pan is going to deteriorate over time, it is often a good idea to go with models that are budget-friendly. Check out this Serious Eats article on the topic.
The type of utensil that you use when you cook with a nonstick pan is going to depend on the durability of the pan. Some nonstick cookware is designed with a non-scratch surface that allows you to use metal utensils, while other models simply do not withstand scratches at all. If you want to be safe, avoid using metal altogether.
What are some coatings for nonstick frying pans?
There are quite a few different coatings that you can choose from when you’re looking for a nonstick pan. Here are a few:
- Hard ionized aluminum
What are the disadvantages of Teflon pans?
The main disadvantage of a Teflon pan is that when the nonstick coating begins to wear, the Teflon will begin to chip off. This means that it can get into your food as you are cooking, and the taste of Teflon is something that we all want to avoid. Also, cooking with Teflon at a high temperature releases toxins and chemicals into the air that are not great to breathe.
What are the disadvantages of ceramic pans?
The lifespan of a ceramic pan is not that long. You will want to avoid metal utensils and make sure that you only cook on low to medium heat so that the coating does not become damaged.
Which non-stick pans are good for high-heat cooking?
Nonstick surfaces breakdown when you cook with them over high heat, so until a coating is developed that does not do this, it is not advisable to use high heat while cooking with any nonstick pan. Typically, they can handle the heat that is under 500 degrees, but if it gets any hotter than that, the coating begins to break down.
What skillet sizes are available?
There are a lot of different skillets that are available for you to purchase. The smaller eight inch variations are great for making eggs and meals for one, but there are also 10-inch, 12-inch, and 14-inch nonstick cookware options that are great for larger meals that you may cook for your family or friends.
What sizes of saucepans are available?
These pans are a little different because they are measured in the amount of quarts a pot can hold instead of the diameter of the pan. You can find a saucepan that is as small as one quart, and they can range up to five quarts. There are also larger pots that you may want in your collection like a Dutch oven which holds five to seven quarts, and an even larger stock pot.
Yes, cool to touch handles are a great option for nonstick cookware because it allows you to hold the handle as you are stirring the food that you are making without worrying about burning your hand. You can transfer the pan to the oven with ease, and you can even clean it while it is still a little hot if you prefer.
Can you use steel wool to clean a nonstick pan?
Though some nonstick cookware is designed to have a surface that is scratch resistant, using steel wool to clean one of these pans is likely to cause irreversible damage to the nonstick coating. If food ends up being stuck on the surface of the pan, simply allow it to soak for a bit to loosen it up.
What’s the top temperature that a nonstick pan can manage?
The highest temperature that a nonstick pan can manage is 500 degrees, but that is only true for a few nonstick pans. Many of the ones that we have looked at on this list are only able to handle 400 to 450 degrees, and some can’t even handle that amount of heat.
How quickly can a nonstick pan heat up?
Most nonstick pans can heat up within a few minutes, but the speed that you can preheat your pan will differ based on the type of metal that the pan is made of and how good of a conductor it is.
Is it bad to run cold water over a nonstick pan?
If you want to cool off your pan when you are done cooking, simply allow it to cool on the stovetop. Cooling it with cold water can warp the metal and cause the nonstick coating to deteriorate more quickly.
If the Teflon starts to chip, can you still use the pan?
Pans that have a Teflon coating are not the safest nonstick pans to use because PFOA is used to create these pans, but according to this Good Housekeeping article, chipped Teflon will most likely go through your entire digestive system without being absorbed at all. If you have concerns about the Teflon being in your food, then simply get new cookware.
What are some set options available for purchase?
When you purchase nonstick cookware, you can purchase each pot or pan individually, or you can purchase an entire set of cookware. If you cook a lot at home, then a set may be the more economical option for you to consider because purchasing multiple pans will cost less in the long run than purchasing the same pans individually. Sets can be purchased with a large variety of pieces, which range from two to 15, and they can even come with lids.
Is there countertop nonstick cookware?
Yes, there are griddles that you can use to make food for your entire family that has nonstick surfaces. Most of these are made using a Teflon coating, but there are other options available to you as well.
Wrapping It Up
Finding the right nonstick pan can make a real difference in your cooking routine. The products that we’ve selected for this guide are all excellent and safe for your cooking use, and they’re also designed to ensure an easy transfer from pan to plate. If you’re having issues selecting a product for your kitchen, reread our FAQ section, and you’ll lock in a selection with ease.
- Best Nonstick Pans 2018
- T-fal E93808 Professional Total Nonstick Pan
- Gotham Steel 10-Piece Nonstick Frying Pan and Cookware Set
- GreenLife Soft Grip Ceramic Non-Stick 7″ and 10″ Open Frypan Set
- Calphalon Contemporary Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Cookware
- Cuisinart 622-30G Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 12-Inch Skillet
- Ecolution Evolve Non-Stick Fry Pan
- Healthy Nonstick Ceramic Coated Frying Pan
- GreenLife Soft Grip 8″ Ceramic Non-Stick Open Frypan
- Cook N Home 12-Inch Frying Pan
- Cleverona Essential Nonstick 11 Inch Fry Pan
- Non-Stick Pan Buyer’s Guide
- Why bother with using a non-stick pan?
- What types of non-stick pans are there out on the market?
- What are the key advantages of owning one of these products?
- What kinds of foods can you prepare in a nonstick pan?
- Can nonstick pans be used on conduction cooktops?
- What is the best way to clean a nonstick pan?
- What types of pan bottoms are there in a nonstick pan?
- What are some handle options for a nonstick pan?
- Can they be washed in a dishwasher?
- What’s the best way to care for a nonstick pan?
- Can some of these pans be used in the oven?
- On average, how many years will one of these pans last?
- How can one of these pans prevent hot spots?
- Are ergonomic handles important for a nonstick frying pan?
- How much does a nonstick pan cost?
- Can you use metal utensils in nonstick frying pans?
- What are some coatings for nonstick frying pans?
- What are the disadvantages of Teflon pans?
- What are the disadvantages of ceramic pans?
- Which non-stick pans are good for high-heat cooking?
- What skillet sizes are available?
- What sizes of saucepans are available?
- Do non-stick pans have cool to touch handles?
- Can you use steel wool to clean a nonstick pan?
- What’s the top temperature that a nonstick pan can manage?
- How quickly can a nonstick pan heat up?
- Is it bad to run cold water over a nonstick pan?
- If the Teflon starts to chip, can you still use the pan?
- What are some set options available for purchase?
- Is there countertop nonstick cookware?
- Wrapping It Up