In today’s world, style, attention to detail, and fashion carry a lot of weight.
For this reason, manscaping has really taken off.
Manscaping is a type of body grooming that perfectly shapes and details the hairs on your body below your chin.
In this guide, we’re going to review the best body groomer for private parts as well as groomers for other parts of your body.
Check out the (updated) list below:
Best Body Groomers 2018
|Item||Use Duration||Charger Stand?||Is it Waterproof|
|Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series 3100 |
|50 minutes per charge||Yes||Yes|
|Wahl Clipper Lithium Ion Rechargeable All in One Men’s Grooming Kit ||Three hours per charge||No||No|
|Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series 7100 |
|50 minutes per charge||No||Water-resistant|
|MANGROOMER Ultimate Pro Back Shaver ||N/A||No||No|
|Philips Norelco Oneblade QP6520/70 Pro Hybrid Electric Trimmer and Shaver ||90 minutes per charge||Yes||Yes|
|Philips Norelco Multigroom 5100 Grooming Kit ||60 minutes per charge||No||No|
|Elehot Electric Shaver Razor Wet & Dry 3 in 1 Waterproof Rotary Floating Heads ||90 minutes per charge||No||Yes|
|Braun Cruzer 5 Body Shaver ||50 minutes per charge||No||Yes|
|Remington PG525 Head to Toe Lithium Powered Body Groomer Kit ||70 minutes per charge||Yes||No|
|Gillette Fusion ProGlide Men’s Razor Styler 3-In-1 Body Groomer and Beard Trimmer ||60 minutes per charge||Yes||Yes|
1) Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series 3100
The Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series 3100, which is the first product that we are going to review in this guide, is a device that is designed to shave and trim the hair that has grown across your body without irritating your skin. This unit is a foil shaver that is designed to be hypoallergenic so that your skin is soft and smooth after you finish shaving. It even comes with a special back wand attachment that makes it easier to shave your back when you need.
This body groomer comes with three different combs so that you can adjust the length of your body hair to fit your specific needs. This shaver can be used in the shower if you want a wet shave as well as out for a dry shave, and when you need to clean your hair from the blade, you can easily rinse the waterproof device under the water.
The battery life of this shaver is pretty great; in fact, a charge will last for about 50 minutes of shaving, and when the battery only has 20 minutes remaining, the indicator light will begin blinking orange. It will require eight hours to recharge the battery, and when it is fully charged, the indicator will become green.
- The back wand accessory is great for shaving the middle of your back, which is typically difficult to reach.
- The battery indicator lets you know when the battery is dying so that you can quickly finish shaving.
- If you shave slowly, the battery may not last long enough for you to shave your entire body.
2) Wahl Clipper Lithium Ion Rechargeable All in One Men’s Grooming Kit
If you are looking for the best male grooming kit for all of your body hair needs, then the Wahl Clipper All in One Men’s Grooming Kit is a great place to start looking. It is a device that comes with a dual shaver design that is perfect for providing you with a close shave on any part of your body without irritating your skin, even the more sensitive areas of your body. It also comes with a trimmer and a precision T-blade that allows you to trim and groom your hair and create a style that will only need to be touched up from time to time.
This device is not only designed for facial hair, it is ideal for groin hair and other grooming needs such as ear and nose hair as well. There is even a precision detailer that you can use to easily trim those unwanted hairs. This groomer has a run time of about four hours; it only takes an hour to fully replenish the battery, but if you are in a hurry to shave, there is a one-minute quick charge option that is available to you.
- The battery life on this device is very sufficient, so you will not have to charge it very often.
- This trimmer comes with quite a few attachments to make grooming your body hair an easier concept.
- Hair tends to stick to the rubber handle, which makes it easier to lose your grip while you’re shaving.
3) Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series 7100
The Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series 7100 is a great all in one grooming solution that has a dual end design. The one side has a pivoting head that is designed to give you a really smooth shave, but it is designed with pre-trimmers on both sides of the blade that comb the hair so that it is ready for the main blade; this helps minimize scratches and irritations that happen from going over your skin more than one time. The other side is a trimmer that is designed for your more sensitive areas.
There are five different settings on this device, which makes it so that you do not need to purchase additional attachments to perfect your look. This groomer is water resistant, so if you get it wet, it will not cause any damage to the device. In addition, you will easily be able to keep a grip on to the rubber handle, even when it is wet.
The battery life of this device is exceptional; in fact, you will get about 50 minutes of use out of a one hour charge. This means that if you forgot to charge the device overnight, you will be able to shave completely in about an hour.
- There is an indicator light on the groomer that tells you the current status of the battery.
- This hypoallergenic blade is designed to be self-sharpening, which means that you will do much to maintain it.
- This body groomer is not really designed to be used on your facial hair.
4) MANGROOMER Ultimate Pro Back Shaver
The Mangroomer Ultimate is specifically designed for those of you who have a lot of hair on your back. Asking for someone to help you reach the middle of your back to remove unwanted body hair can be embarrassing, and with this device’s unique design, you can take care of all of your shaving needs by yourself.
This unit has an extendable handle with the ability to pivot 135 degrees, which makes it much more convenient to reach your lower back as well as the middle. Once the handle is positioned just right for your shaving needs, you can lock it in place so that it does not shift as you shave, which can ensure that you do not scrape, cut, or nick yourself during the process.
This unit comes with two different head attachments that you can use to trim the hair on your back; both have shock absorbing designs, but one has a foil blade and the other has a trimmer head. On the handle, you will find a power burst button, which is designed to give you a few seconds of extra power to shave through thick back hair.
- The two heads that come with this body groomer allow you to cut your hair at varying lengths with ease.
- The extendable arm makes it easy to reach all areas of your back without straining.
- This groomer is not waterproof, which can be a slight inconvenience for those who like to wet shave.
5) Philips Norelco Oneblade QP6520/70 Pro Hybrid Electric Trimmer and Shaver
Do you hate having a lot of different attachments that you need to keep track of to shave the different areas of your body? Well, the Phillips Norelco OneBlade Pro is a great option that will help eliminate all of those extras that simply take up too much space in your bathroom. This hybrid tool is designed to shave, trim, and edge with a single blade, and it works well with both wet and dry shaving.
This device does come with a precision comb that can be adjusted to one of 14 different lengths, which gives you plenty of options when it comes to style. Whether you are edging your beard or shaving hair on another part of your body, this shaver does not get too close to the skin so that it does not cause any irritation or discomfort. When the blade becomes dull, it can easily be replaced, which should not be required more than once every four months.
When it comes to battery life, this device will be able to run consistently for a period of 90 minutes, and when the battery runs low, it will only require an hour to fully recharge it.
- This is a shaver that charges quite quickly, which means that forgetting to charge it is not a major issue.
- This is a great shaver for someone that has sensitive skin because it will never cause irritation.
- This trimmer doesn’t work well on long, heavy beard, so you may have to trim it before shaving.
6) Philips Norelco Multigroom 5100 Grooming Kit
The Philips Norelco Multigroom 5100 Grooming Kit is another great option for you to consider, especially if you are looking for a groomer that comes with a lot of attachments. This device comes with seven attachments that you can use to trim and groom the hair on different areas of your body. There is even a turbo boost option that allows you to increase the cutting speed so that it can easily manage thicker hair.
The trimmer comes with 18 combs so that you can adjust the length of your trim to what is the most comfortable for you; there are also stubble combs that you can use for your face as well. The foil shaver attachment and the precision trimmer are ideal for adding detail to your trim, and there is even a nose trimmer that you can use. Insofar as battery life, you will get one hour of run time out of one hour of charge with this device, but if you need a quick solution when you forget to charge it, there is a five-minute quick charge option that will give you enough life for a full trim.
- There are attachments for nearly any shaving need that you may have; including a wide range of length options.
- The quick charge feature is very useful, and it provides you with enough charge to fully shave once.
- Switching out the attachments can be confusing and take up more time than necessary.
7) Elehot Electric Shaver Razor Wet & Dry 3 in 1 Waterproof Rotary Floating Heads
The Elehot Electric Shaver is a unit that has a very sleek design that is aesthetically attractive as well as ergonomic to hold while you shave. The unit is designed with a four-directional flex head that is perfect for close shaves on any part of your body. It also is designed with a precision head that helps you trim and style your facial hair the way that you please.
The blade in this shaver is designed to self-sharpen, which means that you do not need to manually make sure that the blade can cut your hair. Five different attachments come with this tool, which are designed to cover any grooming need that you may have. In addition, this is a waterproof device that is designed to be cleaned under running water when you are done shaving.
The battery in this unit has a run time of 45 minutes, and it will require twice that amount of time to fully recharge it. However, if you do not use the entire charge in one shaving session, you can hold down the power button for three seconds to lock out energy consumption until you unlock it.
- This unit is designed to save battery life, so you will not have to charge the groomer as often.
- This shaver is designed to be used with both wet shaving and dry shaving.
- This unit does not offer a close shave unless you go over it multiple times.
8) Braun Cruzer 5 Body Shaver
The next shaver that we are going to review is the Braun Cruzer 5, which is a device that is designed to shave hair from a number of areas on your body; in fact, it can even be used to trim the hair around your private parts if you’d like to clean it up a bit. The teeth on the blade are extra small so that you can easily trim the hair in your more sensitive areas without getting nicks and cuts. There are even safety combs that vary in length included so that you can protect your sensitive skin.
This shaver can be used with wet shaves as well as dry, and the blades can even be cleaned under running water if you’d like. If you like a close shave, this is an ideal device for you to use because it is designed with five blades that are pretty close together, which means that you will not need to go over the same area more than one time. In fact, trimming and shaving can be done in a single stroke as well.
- The shaver sports an ergonomic design that is easy to grip, which is great for shaving in the shower.
- If the shaver has full battery life, you can get 50 minutes of shaving time.
- The trim and shave feature of this device is a bit awkward to use.
9) Remington PG525 Head to Toe Lithium Powered Body Groomer Kit
The Remington PG525 is a great body grooming kit, especially if you like to maintain a groomed appearance from head to toe. The device has a full-size trimmer that you can use to shave your facial hair as well as a foil shaver that is excellent for edging and creating a more detailed look. There is also a trimmer accessory that you can use to trim your ear and nose hair when you need as well.
If you have a lot of hair, there is also a vertical trimmer attachment that you can use to comfortably remove the hair from your chest, arms, and any other area that you wish. This attachment has three adjustable lengths that you can choose from. This groomer also comes with stubble combs that are three different lengths as well as eight different sized combs for your hair.
The blades on this shaver have a self-sharpening design that is going to make sure that each time you use the device, you get a comfortable shave. The device itself is waterproof, so both the shaver and the attachments can be washed with ease.
- This device has a 70-minute runtime that gives you more than enough time to groom your entire body.
- This is a lightweight shaver, so it’s easy to take care of all of your shaving needs without getting fatigued.
- If you use this device for a long period of time, it tends to get hot.
10) Gillette Fusion ProGlide Men’s Razor Styler 3-In-1 Body Groomer and Beard Trimmer
Our final product is a waterproof body groomer from the shaving professionals at Gillette. One of the best features of this body groomer is its absolute compactness; this is a great travel groomer because it’s tiny enough to be packed away easily, even when you bring the charging stand.
Not only can this ProGlide product be used relatively effortlessly for manscaping, but it can also be used for beard trimming and detailing as well. You can run the groomer for about an hour, which means that you’ll have plenty of charge for a trip, and the design makes this a very precise product for when you need finer detailing.
The blades on this product are considered to be Gillette’s most advanced blades; they lift the hair from the skin and cut at a very close angle so that you can experience a very fresh cut. The product includes three combs that you can use to adjust the length of your hair.
- This product provides a truly close shave and cuts quickly so that you can manscape easier.
- This is a very compact body groomer, which means that it’s very maneuverable in more intimate parts of the body.
- You can adjust the length via three included comb attachments, which gives you detailing options.
- The body can feel a bit flimsy; its components can pop off if you apply too much pressure.
Best Body Groomer for Men Buyer’s Guide
Why purchase a dedicated body groomer kit at all?
While it is possible to just purchase a standard shaver and attempt to groom your body hair like your would your facial hair, but you’re not going to be able to achieve detail. A dedicated body groomer will have the ability to handle just about any patch of hair on your skin from the hair on your feet to chest hair. Also, a dedicated product will let you style these areas so that you can achieve that freshly “manscaped” look.
In days long gone, it was considered very attractive to have that rugged, hairy look, and while there are still many who feel that way, a more manicured appearance has become much more popular. Today, it’s considered very important to not just shave your face but to also shave other areas of the body so that optimal attractiveness is achieved.
In fact, originally, manscaping referred primarily to the shaving and maintenance of everything in the bikini zone. Today, the term has now gone on to encompass the chest, the legs, the feet, and any other potentially hairy bodily area beneath the neck.
How can you possibly trim the hairs on your back?
For many adult men, one of the hairiest parts of the body is the back. If you’re flying solo, this can also be the hardest part of the body to manscape properly. Fortunately, several manufacturers have created products that can help a user groom their back hairs so that they can appear neat and clean. These products can have extenders or can be attached to poles; all so that you can reach your back and remove some of the hairs that have accumulated in the area.
What products can help your body groomer become more effective?
Fortunately, there is a wide variety of manscaping tools available on the market these days, but when you’re manscaping, you may also want some dedicated products in order to make the process easier. Check out this video on Youtube that highlights some of the tools and products that can make shaving below the beard easier. These include lotions, deodorants, and creams that make cutting the hair in your sensitive areas easier.
A good body groomer is designed to help you accurately trim just about any of the areas below the chin. This means that with one of these clippers, you’ll be able to manage hair in these areas:
- The chest
- The legs
- The back
- The butt
- The testicle area
- The pubic area
- The feet
- The toes
- The shoulders
- The underarms
Dollar Shave Club has a great Manscaping Guide that can help you learn how to manscape every body part.
What are some well-known brands for body grooming?
Similarly to other types of shaving, there are definitely some frontrunners when it comes to body grooming. Here is a list of some of the most popular manufacturers of these types of products on the market:
- Philips Norelco
Can you body groom in the shower?
You certainly can groom your body in the shower. In fact, the shower may simply be the best place to actually do a little manscaping because of the fact that you have a safe place for all of the clipped hairs to go. How you do this can vary, so let’s take a look at some methodology:
- Body grooming with a non-waterproof device: If your device can’t be used under the direct shower, all is not lost. If this is the case, simply execute all of your manscaping before you actually start the water; the hairs will collect in the bottom of the shower for easy cleanup.
- Body grooming with a waterproof device: When you have a waterproof device, you can manscape as the shower runs. Simply clip and let the cut hairs go down the drain. Just remember, some products may have a harder time clipping wet hairs.
How can you clean a body groomer?
Usually, most body groomers will come with a cleaning brush. These brushes allow you to knock free any loose hairs that have gotten trapped in the blade assembly. Over time, these little hairs can break down and cause problems inside the working of your groomer, so it’s absolutely crucial that you brush out your device after every use.
If you have a waterproof model, you can simply run the whole device under to tap so that you can simply let the water run the loose hairs down the drain. This is a very convenient procedure that adds a lot of value to waterproof groomers.
How are these products powered?
Usually, you’ll either find corded, cordless, or battery-powered body groomers on the market. If you’re not sure which to get, it may take some time because each type has its pros and cons. Some cordless products come with charging stands that you can set your groomer in to charge it between grooming sessions.
Where’s a good place to set the charging stand?
Most people set their charger stands on a sink or on a stable hamper, but you’ll have to set this device in an area that has easy access to a nearby outlet.
Battery-powered groomers can work something like a best of both worlds product. Firstly, while these types of groomers aren’t directly rechargeable, you can still use rechargeable batteries inside of them. This means that you can technically use these same batteries repeatedly, which is similar to using a rechargeable groomer.
Secondly, batteries are very convenient for traveling. When you’re overseas, you may not necessarily have the necessary power adapters for your rechargeable groomer. When this is the case battery-powered groomers stand out because you can simply take additional batteries or buy some more locally.
How much of a charge will you get with a cordless body groomer?
This is going to vary based on the product, but it’s a good idea to purchase a groomer that provides at least an hour of power on a single charge. This will enable you to have multiple grooming sessions without the need to charge constantly.
Are there advantages to purchasing a corded model?
If you want to avoid the hassle of charging or battery replacement, then a corded model can be very convenient. You can simply plug into the wall and start the manscaping process. You’ll just not be able to do this in the shower, and you’ll have to buy adapters when you travel overseas.
When manscaping, what part of the body should you start with?
It’s a good idea to start with the chest because this is often the largest area when manscaping. When manscaping your chest, just remember to shave as close as possible to the skin so that you can avoid having a chest five o’clock shadow. Next, you can progress to your underarms and all areas underneath.
Can these be used to shave the pubes?
The groin area is one of the more popular areas of the body to manscape. There’s a lot of advantage to keeping your pubic hairs looking shorter when it comes to perspective, so definitely consider shaving your pubic hairs with a body groomer. Since most men don’t want a completely hairless effect, it’s useful to use a groomer with a guide so that you can trim not cut.
Can these be used to trim the ear and nose hair?
There are many body groomers on the market that have attachments that allow you to shave both ear and nose hair. Otherwise, you may have to purchase a separate item if your groomer lacks these attachments.
What are some practices to avoid when manscaping?
When you’re using your body groomer to manscape, there’s a lot of aesthetic advantage. That being said, not every practice is practical or stylish. For clarification, here are a couple of things not to avoid:
- Don’t work with straight lines: While it can be comical to sport an occasional lightning bolt or landing strip, it’s best to avoid creating straight lines with your body hair. To avoid this, don’t use guides, and try to use a trimmer attachment.
- Never forget your back and rear: Some men avoid these areas because they are out of sight most of the time. Instead, either get help shaving these areas or purchase a device that has a design that will help you cut hair on your back or butt.
- Never shave against the grain: As with any other type of shaving, this is a sure way to cause rashes and irritation.
- Take your time: Some people forget about the details in detailing. Take your time to achieve the styling that you want.
- Try to prep the area beforehand: Before you begin your manscaping journey, it’s a good idea to exfoliate a bit so that you can get rid of ingrown hairs. Also, if you have a lot of hair in the area, shave a bit off first before you use the groomer for the finer details.
What are some of the most common areas for body grooming?
The most common area for this type of grooming is the testicles, which is why many men look for the best body groomer for balls before they consider any other part of the body. It’s important to understand that manscaping is all about keeping your body hair at its most attractive length, so while keeping the down-under neat is great, you can also trim your chest, legs, and back.
Fortunately, even the most complex body groomers shouldn’t set you back by an awful lot. Premium models from brands like Philips Norelco and Wahl can usually be found online or in stores for about $60 or $70. Conversely, if you’re on a tighter budget, the lower end of the spectrum for body groomers falls around $25 dollars or so.
How do attachments work?
Many of the modern body groomers incorporate attachments so that you can have options when you’re undergoing your daily grooming regimen. Some attachments are designed to give you length options for your trimming; this is very useful if you just want to trim a small area of the hair.
Do you need to oil body groomers from time to time?
While there are models out there that require no oil, if your model comes with oil or doesn’t say that it doesn’t require oiling, then you should oil your blade after every use. The oil is there to ensure that the mechanical aspects of your body groomer run smoothly – it protects the components from wear and keeps the components slick.
When you run out of the manufacturer-supplied oil, you can usually use mineral or baby oil in order to upkeep your groomer.
What can you do if you have sensitive skin?
If you have sensitive skin that gets rashes or breaks out after a shave, you have options. Many groomer manufacturers include hypoallergenic blades and foils in their products so that you can use them without breaking out. Also, there are aftershaves and shaving balms on the market that you can use during your manscaping regimen that’ll keep your skin from reacting negatively to the shave.
What are some good features for a travel body groomer?
If you are going to travel frequently, seek a groomer that’s waterproof, has adapters for foreign outlets, is rechargeable or has a battery-powered operation, and comes with a protective carrying case.
How can length settings help you manscape?
When you’re going for a unique shape, it’s sometimes useful to shave some parts thicker than others. When this is the case, you can use the length attachments or settings to ensure that certain areas of the hair are thicker than others.
Unfortunately, these devices aren’t designed to last forever due to the many moving components in their construction. That being said, as long as you keep your blades oiled, clean your groomer regularly, and avoid dropping your groomer, your groomer can last through more than a decade of usage.
What are some additional accessories that you can purchase for manscaping?
When you’re ready to manscape, you can enhance your experience by utilizing these accessories:
- A comb: This will help you organize your hairs so that they are easier to cut; simply run a small comb through them before you trim.
- Scissors: Sometimes, body groomers will struggle with longer hairs. If this is the case, use a pair of scissors to cut these unruly hairs down to size.
- A shaving brush: When you’re applying products like shaving cream or shaving butter to your soon-to-be manscaped areas, a good shaving brush will ensure that you get good coverage.
How long will it take to fully groom your body?
A manscaping session can take anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour, depending on how much trimming you are doing and the level of detail. Fortunately, you won’t have to manscape most areas of the body every single day; in fact, you can use a body groomer every three or four days without much disruption.
How can you shave your testicles without clipping the skin?
When shaving the loose skin of the testicles, it’s important to be very careful. First, the skin in that area has a lot of little folds that can get caught in the blades of your groomer. When manscaping, it’s a good idea to stretch the skin of that area so that you can trim it without pain.
Can a body groomer kit be used for the face as well?
Use the shavers for your body on your body, and use the shavers for your face on your face. Body groomers have features that are designed to work well on skin that isn’t used to shaving, so just use two specialized shavers.
Why shouldn’t you use a traditional shaver on your groin area?
Traditional shavers aren’t specialized for your body. As mentioned previously, a body groomer has features like comfort guards and lubra strips that can help the skin on your body to not be irritated. If you try to use a traditional razor, there’s a good chance that you’ll develop a rash or at least some shaving bumps.
Wrapping It Up
When you want to look your best, a good body groomer will ensure that you’ll turn heads. The products that we’ve covered in this guide all have tons of features that will make maintaining neat body hair super simple. If you’re still unsure, reread our reviews, and check out our buyer’s guide FAQ so that you can find the product that best suits your needs.
- Ultimate Guide to the Top Hair Clippers
- List of the Top Rated Beard Trimmers
- A Guide to the Best Ear Trimmers
- Review Guide to the Best Teeth Whitening Kits
- Best Body Groomers 2018
- 1) Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series 3100
- 2) Wahl Clipper Lithium Ion Rechargeable All in One Men’s Grooming Kit
- 3) Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series 7100
- 4) MANGROOMER Ultimate Pro Back Shaver
- 5) Philips Norelco Oneblade QP6520/70 Pro Hybrid Electric Trimmer and Shaver
- 6) Philips Norelco Multigroom 5100 Grooming Kit
- 7) Elehot Electric Shaver Razor Wet & Dry 3 in 1 Waterproof Rotary Floating Heads
- 8) Braun Cruzer 5 Body Shaver
- 9) Remington PG525 Head to Toe Lithium Powered Body Groomer Kit
- 10) Gillette Fusion ProGlide Men’s Razor Styler 3-In-1 Body Groomer and Beard Trimmer
- Best Body Groomer for Men Buyer’s Guide
- Why purchase a dedicated body groomer kit at all?
- What is manscaping?
- How can you possibly trim the hairs on your back?
- What products can help your body groomer become more effective?
- Which areas of the body can a good body groomer help you with?
- What are some well-known brands for body grooming?
- Can you body groom in the shower?
- How can you clean a body groomer?
- How are these products powered?
- Where’s a good place to set the charging stand?
- What’s the advantage of having a battery-powered groomer?
- How much of a charge will you get with a cordless body groomer?
- Are there advantages to purchasing a corded model?
- When manscaping, what part of the body should you start with?
- Can these be used to shave the pubes?
- Can these be used to trim the ear and nose hair?
- What are some practices to avoid when manscaping?
- What are some of the most common areas for body grooming?
- How much can you expect to spend on a good body groomer?
- How do attachments work?
- Do you need to oil body groomers from time to time?
- What can you do if you have sensitive skin?
- What are some good features for a travel body groomer?
- How can length settings help you manscape?
- How many years will the best body groomer for manscaping last?
- When you’re ready to manscape, you can enhance your experience by utilizing these accessories:
- How long will it take to fully groom your body?
- How can you shave your testicles without clipping the skin?
- Can a body groomer kit be used for the face as well?
- Why shouldn’t you use a traditional shaver on your groin area?
- Wrapping It Up