Imagine that you are heading to the beach; you want to look your best, but your bikini line is beginning to get out of hand.
You need a bikini trimmer to remedy the situation, and this guide is designed to help you out.
Let’s begin by reviewing the best bikini trimmers so that you can purchase one that works best for you.
Best Bikini Trimmers
|Item||Additional Attachments||Rechargeable?||Is it waterproof
|Conair Satiny Smooth Ladies Dual Foil Rechargeable Shaver |
|Philips SatinShave Essential HP6306 Women’s Electric Shaver ||None||Yes||Yes|
|Betevo Bikini Trimmer – 3 in 1 ||Three||Yes||No|
|Aooeou 4 in 1 Mini Eyebrow Shaper Nose Trimmer Hair Remover Body Shaver for Women Grooming Kit ||Four||No||Yes|
|Elvasen Women Electric Shaver – 5 in 1 Rechargable Wet & Dry Beauty Tool ||Five||Yes||Yes|
|SUPRENT Ladies Electric Razor ||None||No||Water-resistant
|Panasonic ES246AC Bikini Shaper & Trimmer for Women |
1) Conair Satiny Smooth Ladies Dual Foil Rechargeable Shaver
When you’re shaving your bikini area, you want a smooth performance and a quick and easy trim. The Conair Satiny Smooth Ladies Dual Foil shaver has a lot of great functionality that’ll make trimming your bikini area a cinch. It uses a four-blade cutting system that hits the same area four times so that you have a maximized shaving experience.
In addition to this, this is an excellent shaver for daily use because it’s completely waterproof. This means that you can use it in the shower so that you can save time and have a more convenient overall shaving experience. When you’re trying to style the bikini area, simply pop out the detail bikini trimmer; this way you can shave this area into any style that you want.
When you’re done, since this product is waterproof, you can run the trimmer under the tap to clean it thoroughly; Conair has also included a brush if you want to clean the product while dry. To charge the device, you’ll simply have to plug it into the included charging stand.
- This is a fairly quiet device; it emits about the same level of sound as you might expect from a cell phone on vibrate.
- As a waterproof device, this Conair product can be used while in the shower and cleaned directly under the tap.
- It’s a very versatile device; you don’t have to use it on your bikini area.
- You have to charge this product for a full 16 hours before you can use it.
2) Philips SatinShave Essential HP6306 Women’s Electric Shaver
Another product with “satin” in the title, it’s easy to tell that the Phillips SatinShave is a product that’s designed to provide a comfortable, snag-free operation for those looking to trim their bikini line. This two-foil shaver has a very ergonomic design for trimming this area of the body; it’s really comfortable to use and has a surface that’s easy to grip. In fact, when it comes to overall comfort-of-use, this may be the best razor for shaving genitals.
When you’re grooming in the morning, this product is especially convenient; it has a waterproof design, which means that it can be used in the shower so that you can wash the resulting hairs down the drain. This is also very convenient for cleanup; when you’re done, simply rinse the shaver under the faucet in order to clean the shaving head.
This is a wireless model, but it’s not rechargeable, which means that you’ll have to use two AA batteries in order to power the shaver. This is actually fairly convenient; when you combine this with the included shower cap, you have a very compact and portable shaver.
- The foils at the top of this shaver are hypoallergenic so that you won’t experience razor bumps or irritation.
- This is a very ergonomic and easy to grip shaver; it simply feels good in the hands.
- It has a travel cap and is powered by two AA batteries, which makes it very easy to travel with.
- The shaver has a tendency to be a bit loud, which some may find to be an irritating feature.
3) Betevo Bikini Trimmer – 3 in 1
While Betevo is a more unknown company than the previous two manufacturers of the bikini trimmer that we’ve covered, their three-in-one trimmer is the real deal. Not only is this a great product for managing your bikini area, but it also has swappable attachments that will let you trim and style your eyebrow and nose hair.
This product, which falls under the Sonax Pro line, isn’t waterproof, but the heads of the product are. This means that, when you’re done trimming, you can simply run the heads under the faucet to clean away any excess hair buildup. This product is also great for ergonomics; it has a easy to grip barrel and the attachments all have the proper angling for their individual usages.
The Sonax Pro also has a very lightweight and compact design. This means that this bikini trimmer can easily fit in a suitcase, your purse, or in a travel bag. This is a battery-powered product, but it comes with rechargeable batteries that can be charged in the shaver via an included charger cable.
- The Sonax Pro is very compact but has an ergonomic design that’s very easy to grip and hold comfortably.
- The three attachments: the bikini trimmer, the nose hair trimmer, and the eyebrow trimmer all add a lot of versatility to the product.
- When you’re done trimming, you can run the heads under the faucet or simply use the included cleaning brush.
- The nose hair trimmer can sometimes miss hairs if you don’t angle it precisely.
4) Aooeou 4 in 1 Mini Eyebrow Shaper Nose Trimmer Hair Remover Body Shaver for Women Grooming Kit
Whereas the last trimmer was a three-in-one, this trimmer is a four-in-one because it adds an attachment for the facial hair. This means that this is a very versatile product that can greatly simplify your morning grooming routine by including multiple features in an easy-to-use trimmer. The aesthetics of the product are also very attractive; Aooeou designed the device to have gold highlights and an ivory-colored body, which look great.
Additionally, this is a fairly ergonomic and easy-to-hold product. It has a compact body, has the right shaping for the attachments, and has a hypoallergenic functionality that means you won’t experience any irritation, even if you happen to have sensitive skin. The body of this product is also fully waterproof so that you can use it in the shower or simply run it under some water during the cleaning process.
- The facial epilator is very easy to use and provides a nice, irritation-free shave of the upper lip and sideburns.
- The dual-edge blades of the nose hair trimmer rotate a full 360 degrees in order to provide a more efficient trim.
- The bikini trimmer attachment is designed to provide a very efficient and hypoallergenic experience, and it won’t pull.
- This is a battery-powered device, but the manufacturer doesn’t include batteries in the packaging, and you can charge batteries through the device.
5) Elvasen Women Electric Shaver – 5 in 1 Rechargable Wet & Dry Beauty Tool
Raising the amount of functions by one, this Elvasen product is a five-in-one hair removal system. This time, the product includes a facial massager, a facial cleanser, a food grinder, the bikini hair trimmer, and a epilator. This product really provides a well-rounded experience for anyone that wants to have a more complete grooming regimen.
The epilator head of this product removes hairs via the root, which means that you’ll experience a longer period without the hair growing back. This feature can be used on any part of the body and really adds a lot of convenience to the product. The shaver is also very efficient and doesn’t pull or irritate the skin during use.
The other attachments serve as excellent “icing on the cake” features, and the product is fully chargeable so that you can simply plug it in for your next grooming session. In fact, the charger itself is USB-compatible, which means that you can charge it with your other devices.
- This product includes a foot grinder, which can help you quickly remove dead skin from this part of the body.
- The shaving head and epilator provide a good one-two punch for removing hair from your body.
- The product charges fairly quickly and is very easy to charge via the USB charging wire that’s included in the packaging.
- With a barrel that’s almost six inches long, this isn’t the most compact product out there.
6) SUPRENT Ladies Electric Razor
Sometimes, simplicity is its own reward, and the Surpent razor provides a single-use execution that’s both convenient and easy to use. The Surpent is simply designed to trim and detail your bikini zone, and it does this job very well. Its body is very ergonomic and has a shaping that might remind you of a standard unpowered shaver, but this device has a motor that is definitely powerful enough to cut close and not cause snags or irritation.
While this product isn’t 100 percent waterproof, it does have an IPX4 design, which means that you shouldn’t have too much trouble using it in the shower. Additionally, this water resistant design will also enable you to run the product under the tap during the cleaning process.
The mesh head of this product is fully hypoallergenic, and the blade assembly is designed to lift the hair from the skin so that you have an overall safer trimming experience.
- The motor on this product is very powerful; it has a 6500 RPM functionality and is whisper-quiet at only 60db.
- This is a very safe model of bikini trimmer; the blades lift the hair so that there is little skin-to-blade contact.
- The head of this product is double-edged and detached, which means that you can shave in any direction that you want.
- If you’re looking to create a “landing strip” or a Brazilian-style cut, then this isn’t the best product; it’s not the best for detailing
7) Vandora Lady Shaver Wet and Dry Bikini Trimmer
The next bikini trimmer that we are going to review is the Vandora Lady Shaver, which is one of the more unique devices in this guide simply because it has a clamshell design that is easy to hold while you shave. The ridges on the shell give this device a non-slip surface that is great for wet shaving, but you can also use this trimmer dry if you’d prefer. It also has a lightweight design that makes it so that you can conveniently slip the device into your purse or travel bag.
The unique design is great for curvy areas of your body, which means that even though it is designed for your bikini area, you can easily use it to trim your armpits or even your legs if you’d like. This trimmer requires batteries to run, but fortunately, it can easily be recharged using a micro-USB, which makes it convenient for when you are away from home. And when the battery gets low, it will only take about two or three hours to fully recharge the device.
- The battery life on this trimmer is great; in fact, it can be run for a continuous 45 minutes.
- The compact size of this bikini trimmer makes it ideal for a small bathroom without much storage space.
- Unlike most bikini trimmers, this unit only takes a few hours to charge fully.
- It is not possible to get a clean shave with this device, though it’s ideal for a close trim.
8) Panasonic ES246AC Bikini Shaper & Trimmer for Women
The Panasonic ES246AC, which is often considered the best shaver for women’s private area, has a very lightweight design that makes trimming your bikini area easier to do. Whether you have fine hair or coarse hair in that area, you will have no problem trimming stray hairs and shaping the edges of your pubic hair to a length that you prefer.
Sometimes you may want a shorter trim, while other times, you want to leave a bit of hair behind, which is why this trimmer has five different settings that you can utilize. Simply adjust the head of the shaver to the length that you want, and you will get an even trim every time.
The blade on this device is stainless steel, which means that it features a hypoallergenic design that is great for minimizing irritation on sensitive skin. It also has a waterproof design, so you can use the trimmer in the shower if you prefer a wet shave. The batteries will even last for 45 minutes of continuous use, so you have plenty of time to perfect your trim.
- This bikini trimmer is so gentle that you can shave without a mirror and never get nicked once.
- This trimmer has a great battery life, which allows you to trim your hair without feeling rushed.
- The lightweight design makes it an ideal trimmer for travel because you can easily slip it into your luggage.
- If you want a completely hairless look, this trimmer does not provide a completely smooth cut.
9) Remington WDF5030A Wet & Dry Women’s Rechargeable Electric Foil Shaver
The Remington WDF5030A is another great option for shaving and trimming your bikini area that can be used in the shower or out if you prefer. It has a four blade design that will give you an extremely smooth shave, and it has an angled head that helps ensure a close shave across all of the curves of your body. It is also designed with an almond oil strip near the blade to help keep your skin moisturized as you shave.
One of the best features for bikini trimming that this shaver has to offer is the dual-sided trimmer that is built into the head of the device. This trims the hairs a bit before you shave the area to make it an easier process. In addition, this unit also comes with a bikini comb attachment that you can use if you’d like.
This unit is designed to give you a full 30 minutes of runtime with each charge, so if you plan to shave and trim your bikini area, you should have plenty of time. Charging it does take about 24 hours, so make sure you recharge it before you need it.
- This device provides a really close shave, which means that you will not need to trim your bikini area as often if you don’t want to.
- The antimicrobial strip is great for ensuring that the sensitive skin near your private area does not break out.
- The razor is not the best with long hairs, so you may need to trim your bikini area first.
10) Panasonic ES2216PC Close Curves Women’s Electric Shaver
The Panasonic ES2216PC, which is the final bikini trimmer on our list, is a shaver/bikini trimmer that is designed to gently remove your hair, even from sensitive areas. The shaving aspect of the device features a four blade design with a pivoting head so that a close shave is possible along the natural curvature of your body.
When you want to shave your bikini area, you simply add the attachment, which can be adjusted to accommodate different lengths. The unit is designed to be used with both a wet shave and a dry one, which means that you can even use it in the shower if you’d like. It also makes it easy to clean because you can simply hold the entire device under running water.
This electric shaver is designed to run for a period of up to an hour before it needs to be recharged, but when the battery dies, it will take 12 hours to recharge it.
- The battery life of this shaver is quite impressive; you can get three to four shaves in a single charge.
- This unit has a very lightweight design that makes it easy to shave your bikini area.
- The bikini trimmer aspect of the shaver has three height settings that make it quick and easy to shave.
- Charging this unit is difficult if the outlet is not in an upright position.
- It takes quite a while to recharge the battery, so make sure you have enough charge before shaving.
Bikini Trimmer Buyer’s Guide
What area is considered the “bikini area?”
The bikini area is typically any area that grows pubic hair. This can include the area below your belly button, the area around your vagina, and your actual bikini line, which is the area where your swimming suit is going to be positioned when you wear it.
Do you have to shave your bikini area?
No, shaving that area of your body is completely up to you, but many women decide to shave down there because the hair in that area can become unwieldy if it is not groomed. The last thing that you want as a lady is having genital hair peeking around the edge of your bikini while you are sunbathing at the beach.
Razors are designed to remove the hair down to the skin, while a trimmer is designed to shape and groom the hair to make it more presentable. Not everyone wants a bald bikini area, which is why a bikini trimmer is a great tool to purchase.
What are the benefits of genital hair removal for women?
There is no real benefit to shaving your genital hair, which is why some women choose not to trim or remove the hair in this area at all. It may look nicer and be a little more comfortable when the hair is keep short, but trimming it is a personal decision that you can decide whether you want to do or not.
Why is that area itchy after shaving?
Shaving your bikini area can cause irritation, especially if you go over the area more than two or three times. Shaving can put small scratches on your skin that you may not even be able to see, but they will become itchy, especially if you don’t moisturize the area. Shaving also dries out your skin.
How can you soothe the itching?
The best way to soothe an itch is to scratch it, but if you do that to your bikini area, you will cause more irritation. To soothe your bikini area, simply apply moisturizers to cool the skin, and aloe to help stop the inflammation and itch completely.
Can you get razor bumps on your bikini area?
Razor bumps that form right after you shave are typically created by irritating your shin when you shave. Razor bumps that form when the hair begins to grow back are often the result of ingrown hairs.
How can you prevent razor bumps?
Using an exfoliating scrub can help clean the pores and minimize the amount of ingrown hairs that occur after shaving. You can also pat the area dry instead of rubbing it, which can clog your pores with dead skin. She Knows has some great tips to help you prevent shaving bumps.
What are some alternative hair removal products for women private area?
Not everyone likes to shave their private areas, which is why there are more options for removing the hair in that area other than using razors or trimmers. You can wax the hair in that area, but the more popular option amongst women who dislike shaving is using hair removal creams. These are not the best for everyone, and they can irritate the sensitive skin in this area, so if you use these creams, using them only near your bikini like is suggested.
You are going to want to start by looking for a trimmer that is comfortable in your hand. Not all trimmers are shaped the same, and some of them are a bit uncomfortable to use. Nest, you are going to want to look at the adjustability, the settings, and the attachments that come with the trimmer to see which ones are important for your hair grooming needs.
Should you use shaving cream?
Yes, shaving cream is a way to soften your hair and make it easier to shave. If you don’t have shaving cream you can use soap and water or another lubricating alternative. Check out this handy list of alternatives.
Can you dry shave your bikini area?
Yes, it is possible to dry shave your bikini area, but since the skin down there is typically more sensitive than the other areas of your body that you shave, it can easily irritate the skin.
Should you use moisturizer after shaving?
Yes, you should always use a gentle moisturizer on your skin after you shave. You will want to use a moisturizer that is perfume free so that it can soothe your irritated skin instead of add to the discomfort; in fact, a natural lotion is going to be the best option, especially for sensitive skin.
How much of your genital hair should you shave?
The amount of hair that you shave in this area of your body is up to you. You can trim just around the edges to make sure that your bikini line is free from embarrassing hair, or you can create a landing strip that removes most of the hair in the area except a thin strip that runs from where your pubic hair begins below your naval and runs to the area slightly above your clitoris. The last option that you have is to shave it all off and have a genital area that is completely bare.
Are bikini trimmers waterproof?
There are some bikini trimmers that have a waterproof design that allows you to shave or trim your bikini area in the shower, but not all of these devices are designed that way. There are some that are only resistant to water, which means that they will be fine if they get wet, but they are not designed to be submerged in water. There are also some bikini trimmers that are designed to be used without water at all, so before you make a purchase, make sure you check to see if the trimmer is waterproof, especially if you like to shave in the shower.
Should you shower before or after shaving?
Technically, you should shower or at least rinse of both before and after shaving. Showering with hot water before you shave will open up your pores and make your skin and hairs softer, which makes it easier to shave. Showering with cool water after you have finished shaving or trimming your hair will help to relieve any irritation that your may be experiencing on your skin.
Should you comb your genital hair before trimming it?
This is not a necessary step, but it can be done to help get your genital hair ready for shaving. Often this hair is somewhat curly, so combing it a bit can position it at the right angle so that you can shave this area more easily.
Should you trim your hair before shaving it?
If you have never shaved your bikini area before, your hair in that area is probably a bit unruly, so trimming it a bit will only make it easier to make the area look the way that you want it to look.
Is it a good idea to exfoliate your bikini area?
Exfoliating your skin is always a good option for your skin because t removes the dead cells and keeps your pores nice and clean. If you choose to exfoliate your bikini area, it is best to do it before you shave, and never use anything that you would not use on your face. This is an area with sensitive skin, so you do not want to use loofah or other rough exfoliates in this area, and exfoliating the area should be limited to once a week to prevent irritation.
You can also exfoliate the area when the hairs begin to grow back. This will make the sharp prickly hairs less irritating, and it can even help to prevent ingrown hairs for forming.
Is an epilator a good idea for your bikini area?
An epilator is basically a device that grabs the hairs from an area and pulls them out, extracting the roots and all. It works like a pair of tweezers, so using this tool to remove hair in your bikini area can be extremely uncomfortable. If you do decide to use this method of hair removal, here are some tips that may help.
How often should you trim your bikini area?
Trimming your bikini area is not an exact science; everyone’s hair grows at a different rate, so it is difficult to say exactly how often you should trim it. For most, it will depend on if you are shaving to keep yourself groomed on a regular basis or if you are doing it for a special occasion. If you like to stay groomed in that area, you will most likely need to trim the hair at least once a week.
Is a corded or a cordless bikini trimmer best?
Corded models can run without issues for a longer period of time, but a cordless model is more versatile, which means that you will not be tethered to an outlet while you are using the device. The choice is really a personal one that you will need to make before you decide which bikini trimmer is best for you.
Are there trimmers that can be used for shaving as well?
Yes, there are combination tools that you can purchase that have a traditional electric shaver on one end and a bikini trimmer on the other. This type of tool allows you to have all of your shaving devices in one unit, which makes it easier to manage while you are traveling.
There are quite a few brand of bikini trimmers that you will want to consider when you are looking for the ideal bikini electric trimmer for your needs. Here are some of the more popular brands:
What accessories should you look for when purchasing a bikini trimmer?
There are attachments that you can purchase that have different types of blades that can give you a closer cut, combs that are designed to help you shave your pubic hair, and attachments that are designed to be used as exfoliation tool that will keep your skin soft and safe from irritation.
How can you limit irritation after shaving?
Irritation is bound to happen, but if you want to minimize it, you need to moisturize the area and avoid unnecessary friction for a few hours. This means that you should wear loose clothing that is made from cotton that will not rub against your skin.
Should you shave during your menstrual cycle?
It is not a good idea to shave your private area while you are on your menstrual cycle. During this period of time, your skin down there is going to be extra sensitive, which means that it will be more irritated after you trim the area. If you can wait for a few days, it will ensure that your groin is less irritated.
Are there bikini trimmers that are designed for individuals with sensitive skin?
Yes there are a number of bikini trimmers on the market that are designed for people who have sensitive skin. They typically offer some type of exfoliate and a moisturizer on the trimmer itself, but it may still cause too much irritation for some.
Can you go swimming right after shaving your bikini area?
Any type of exercise that you do directly after you shave your bikini area is going to become irritated because exercising is likely to make you sweat. The same is true of swimming, though you may not see the physical sweat, exerting yourself in a pool of warm water can open your pores to bacteria and the possibility of ingrown hairs forming.
Can you style your pubic hair with a bikini trimmer?
Not everyone wants to have a wild bush or a bare bikini area; in fact, some like to have the hair in that area groomed and styled to sport a specific design. You can use a stencil to make sure that the edges of your hair are straight, which allows you to create things like the Bermuda triangle, which is a basically a triangle of hair from the top of your hairline that goes down into a point right above your clitoris.
Wrapping It Up
Any female who wants to keep their bikini area groomed is going to need a bikini trimmer. We have covered quite a few great options in this guide, so take another look at the products that we have featured, re-read our buyer’s guide, and find the best razor for shaving female genital area.
- Best Body Groomers – Buyer’s Guide & Reviews
- A Guide to the Top Hair Clippers
- Ultimate Guide to the Best Electric Shavers – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
- The best beard trimmers in the market
- Guide: The Best Ear, Brow & Nose Hair Trimmers
- Best Bikini Trimmers
- 1) Conair Satiny Smooth Ladies Dual Foil Rechargeable Shaver
- 2) Philips SatinShave Essential HP6306 Women’s Electric Shaver
- 3) Betevo Bikini Trimmer – 3 in 1
- 4) Aooeou 4 in 1 Mini Eyebrow Shaper Nose Trimmer Hair Remover Body Shaver for Women Grooming Kit
- 5) Elvasen Women Electric Shaver – 5 in 1 Rechargable Wet & Dry Beauty Tool
- 6) SUPRENT Ladies Electric Razor
- 7) Vandora Lady Shaver Wet and Dry Bikini Trimmer
- 8) Panasonic ES246AC Bikini Shaper & Trimmer for Women
- 9) Remington WDF5030A Wet & Dry Women’s Rechargeable Electric Foil Shaver
- 10) Panasonic ES2216PC Close Curves Women’s Electric Shaver
- Bikini Trimmer Buyer’s Guide
- What area is considered the “bikini area?”
- Do you have to shave your bikini area?
- What is the difference between a bikini trimmer and a standard razor?
- What are the benefits of genital hair removal for women?
- Why is that area itchy after shaving?
- How can you soothe the itching?
- Can you get razor bumps on your bikini area?
- How can you prevent razor bumps?
- What are some alternative hair removal products for women private area?
- What are some features to look for when purchasing women’s shavers for groin hair?
- Should you use shaving cream?
- Can you dry shave your bikini area?
- Should you use moisturizer after shaving?
- How much of your genital hair should you shave?
- Are bikini trimmers waterproof?
- Should you shower before or after shaving?
- Should you comb your genital hair before trimming it?
- Should you trim your hair before shaving it?
- Is it a good idea to exfoliate your bikini area?
- Is an epilator a good idea for your bikini area?
- How often should you trim your bikini area?
- Is a corded or a cordless bikini trimmer best?
- Are there trimmers that can be used for shaving as well?
- What are some popular bikini trimmer brands?
- What accessories should you look for when purchasing a bikini trimmer?
- How can you limit irritation after shaving?
- Should you shave during your menstrual cycle?
- Are there bikini trimmers that are designed for individuals with sensitive skin?
- Can you go swimming right after shaving your bikini area?
- Can you style your pubic hair with a bikini trimmer?
- Wrapping It Up